Black Hat Asia 2018 to Expose Vulnerabilities Affecting Apple and Google Software, Mobile and IoT Devices, Payment Systems & More
Renowned information security event brings robust Briefings and Trainings programs to Singapore March 20-23, 2018
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today, Black Hat, the world’s leading provider of information security events, announces Briefings highlights for its upcoming Black Hat Asia program. The event, returning to Singapore this year, will offer its community a robust schedule complete with timely research Briefings, hands-on Trainings, a Business Hall featuring leading solution providers and additional specialized programs to address the needs of the wider information security community, from staff and managers to those serving at an executive level.
Black Hat Asia will take place March 20 – March 23, 2018 at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. For more information and to save S$200 on registration prices, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-18/
Highlights from the Black Hat Asia 2018 program so far include:
- Research on a remote ransomware attack on iOS and OSX platforms, possibly the first ransomware detection on these Apple platforms that were immune to the infamous WannaCry attacks.
- Compromising mobile payment systems with a vulnerability that allows an attacker to remotely make purchases on victims’ phones without their knowing.
- Hacking widely used software libraries with a talk that calls attention to vulnerabilities that could affect billions of devices within the next five years – including products using Chrome, Android, iOS, and Windows as well as software used by popular companies including Audi and BMW.
- Mobile hacks, including a vulnerability found in Android 8.0 and research surrounding eMMC & UFS security, one of the critical but mostly overlooked areas in mobile security that could have a massive impact on mobile platforms security and privacy of every day users.
- Vulnerabilities affecting devices we use every day including attacks on embedded devices such as wireless keyboards to extract personal data, and cyberattacks on IoT devices that span everything from webcams to routers. Researchers will also explore vulnerabilities associated with QNX, an operating system found in many sensitive devices spanning medical, automotive and industrial sectors.
- Bypassing security devices in PCs, laptops and servers during sleeping states by neutralizing Intel TXT; and research around vulnerabilities associated with ARM’s TrustZone, which is present in nearly every modern Android device.
To see the current 2018 program lineup and to view presentation abstracts, visit: blackhat.com/asia-18/
Classroom-Style Courses – Black Hat Trainings
Prior to the Briefings, Black Hat Asia will offer two days of deeply technical, hands-on Training courses led by the some of the brightest minds in the industry. This year’s Trainings will span topics covering infrastructure hacking, machine learning, car hacking, malware analysis and more. New for 2018, Black Hat will offer the popular “Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation” four-day training course led by Offensive Security. For information on the lineup and to save S$300 on the course(s) of your choice by March 16, please visit: blackhat.com/asia-18/
Live Demos – Black Hat Arsenal: Tools to be announced soon!
Black Hat Arsenal will return to Singapore with its highly popular tool and demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. For more information on Arsenal and to see which tools will be selected this year, visit: blackhat.com/asia-18/
Black Hat Asia Sponsors
Top sponsors of Black Hat Asia 2018 include Platinum Sponsors: Qualys, SentinelOne; Gold Sponsors: CrowdStrike, DarkTrace, Malwarebytes, Rapid7, Solida Systems; and Silver: Black Duck Software by Synopsys, Checkmarx, HackerOne, Illumino, Intezer, PhishMe, ServiceNow, VMRay. For more information on sponsorship opportunities and to see the full list of participating companies, visit: blackhat.com/asia-18/
Connect with Black Hat (#BlackHat)
Future Black Hat Dates and Events
- Black Hat USA 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 4-9
- Black Hat Europe 2018, London, UK, December 3-6
About Black Hat
For 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
Black Hat PR