- ticket title
- Gaining Momentum: Vricon Hires Barry Tilton as CTO and VP of Engineering
- Constellation Brands Elects Susan Somersille Johnson of SunTrust Banks, Inc. to its Board of Directors
- พิมพ์เขียวของผู้ชนะ: Bill McDermott ซีอีโอของ SAP เตรียมไปพูดในที่ประชุม C3 ของบริษัท CallidusCloud
- Jennifer Powers to join Global Infrastructure Partners as a Partner and Chair of GIP’s Credit Business
- Medibio building credentials to “scale” via appointment of healthcare & telehealth icon to Board of Directors
Its mission: to discover, research, or develop solutions to improve human and animal wellness
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn., May 31, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Zinpro Corporation has announced the launch of the Zinpro Discovery Foundation, a U.S.-tax-exempt 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to discover, research, or develop solutions to improve human and animal wellness across the globe.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/
“Zinpro Corporation pioneered the research and development of Performance Minerals® more than 45 years ago,” says William Scrimgeour, president and COO. “Over the years, our many nutritional and business solutions have resulted in significant improvements in animal wellness and performance. However, our global leadership in animal mineral nutrition also comes with the responsibility to ensure our research is used to benefit society as much as possible. With this goal in mind, we have collaborated with leaders outside Zinpro to create the Zinpro Discovery Foundation.”
Nutritionists have long known that trace mineral nutrition is essential to health for both humans and animals. For example, zinc deficiency negatively affects up to 2 billion people worldwide.1 For so many people across the globe, the difference between being healthy and unhealthy lies in only a few milligrams of zinc. The multiple systemic effects from zinc deficiency include growth retardation, weight loss, infertility, hair loss, mental and emotional disorder, impaired immune function and skin lesions.
Zinc is just one essential trace mineral that shows benefits when supplemented to both animal and human diets. Other essential trace minerals, such as copper, cobalt, manganese, iron, chromium, selenium and iodine, also play key roles that benefit animal and human health.
“Since our research in animal nutrition has great potential to pave the way for breakthroughs in human health, we started a nonprofit organization to make that possible, and the Zinpro Discovery Foundation is the culmination of our efforts,” Scrimgeour says.
The Zinpro Discovery Foundation welcomes donations to help raise awareness and knowledge about trace mineral deficiencies and how to improve human and animal wellness. Educational and research grants are allocated by a board of directors. The donation goal for 2017 is $1 million (USD) in educational and research grants.
Grants are available to researchers and organizations through an application process that starts online at zinprodiscoveryfoundation.org. Details of the request include how a researcher or an organization would spend the funds if the grant is received. Requests are evaluated based on the applicant’s stated problem statements and project goals.
To obtain additional information, including regular updates on active grants and recent donations, check online at zinprodiscoveryfoundation.org.
1. Data are based on the composite nutrient composition database, IZINCG physiological requirements and the Miller Equation to estimate zinc absorption and an assumed 25% inter-individual variation in zinc intake. Data are for the 2005 time frame (2003–2007). To confirm the prevalence of zinc deficiency, it is recommended to assess plasma zinc concentration and/or dietary zinc intake in countries identified at high risk of zinc deficiency based on a high stunting prevalence or high prevalence of dietary zinc availability (http://www.izincg.org/).
About Zinpro Corporation
More than 45 years ago, Zinpro Corporation pioneered the research and development of Performance Minerals®. As a family-owned, privately-held company, Zinpro Corporation’s steady growth has come as a result of quality products, quality people and a focus on one thing: performance trace minerals for exceptional animal nutrition. Today, the company has regional sales offices located in nine countries and markets its products in more than 70 countries worldwide. For more information, visit zinpro.com, or call +1 952-983-4000.
Performance Minerals® is a registered trademark of Zinpro Corporation. ©2017 Zinpro Corp. All rights reserved.
For more information, contact: John Pocock Corporate Communications Specialist Zinpro Corporation +1 952-983-3937 firstname.lastname@example.org